Acupuncture for IVF, IUI & ovulation induction
Research shows acupuncture for IVF, IUI and ovulation induction
improves implantation rates by as much as 60%
and on-going pregnancy rates by reducing the likelihood of miscarriage.
If you are having fertility treatment and you’d like to increase your chances of a positive outcome, you can be assured that you will be in good hands. Over years of working with consultants and nurses, we have developed high quality, supportive, fertility acupuncture treatment.
It is our opinion that acupuncture must not be another thing making large demands on you through this process, so we tailor treatment to your individual needs. We start by finding out what it is that you need physically, mentally and emotionally and discuss a suitable approach with you.
How could fertility acupuncture help me?
- Improve blood quality and circulation to your ovaries and uterus
- Reduce side effects of hormonal treatment
- Reduce chances of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage
- Calm your mind and relax your body
- Increase count & motility
- Reduce morphology
- Improve fertilisation rates
- Reduce likelihood of miscarriage
When do I need to have treatment?
At the initial consultation we go through your medical history and any test results you have, and combine these with a Chinese medical diagnosis to develop an individual treatment plan to suit you.
Treatment is generally advised every week to two weeks, for as long as is necessary.
It is often beneficial to treat both partners and will discuss this with you. If money is an issue, we work how best to divide up treatment between you.
There are 2 stages to fertility acupuncture:
1. Depending on your medical history, we recommend you start fertility acupuncture some time before you start your fertility treatment and continue through each cycle.
2. For all cycles of IVF, ICSI, IUI or ovulation induction, we recommend acupuncture around the time that an embryo would be trying to implant.
Even if you have had no acupuncture up to this point, some well timed treatment at this stage can be really helpful.
Click here to find out more about timing these treatments.
We recommend that you start fertility acupuncture at least 3 wks before you need to provide a sample and continue throughout each cycle.
Where do the needles go?
We generally use a combination of ‘local’ and ‘distal’ points. ‘Local’ points are on your abdomen and are above and below your navel. ‘Distal’ points are on your arms and legs, generally below your elbow and knees.
I will always discuss what points I am going to use first and make sure that you feel comfortable.
Rick has been using fertility acupuncture to improve conception rates and reduce the likelihood of miscarriage since 2004 and has worked with The Agora Gynaecology and Fertility Clinic, in Hove, since 2010.
Read more here about Rick Mudie
How do I book an appointment?